Pages

Night Sky animation

Howdy. 

I just wanna share this visual programming I did couple of months ago. Earlier I was browsing random stuffs in my document folders then I found this Processing program. It’s entitled “Night Sky”. It reminds me how great the feeling is whenever your code turns into something like this: 







Thanks to Processing, I was able to apply some concepts of image processing, specifically:


Perlin Noise – used for the clouds/fog/nebula. Also used to make the moon look cheesy.
Fractal Algorithm - Tree and grass generation. Love et!
Gaussian Random Number Generation – used for each of the location of the start to make them look like accumulating at the center.


This looks more stunning when seen live with animation. Here is a javascript port of this program:



Or, you can visit it's openprocessing page. I uploaded it there, click here
If I've got time, I'll try to make a JavaFX version of it. :)

Unknown

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.

No comments:

Post a Comment